4 large, fresh bella button mushrooms, sliced
4 ounces fresh baby spinach
2 flounder fillets
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
fresh minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an unheated medium skillet with no-stick spray. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes or until the liquid released from the mushrooms has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and drain excess moisture. Stir in feta cheese.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle desired amount of lemon pepper, garlic pepper, and salt on top of each fillet. To assemble, lay one fillet flat in the baking dish. Spread the spinach mixture evenly across the filet. Top with the second fillet.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.